We’re looking to cast 6 student actors for our Virtual Teen Play Festival!
First Date by Haley Herman
Good Things by Maria McDill
Between the Gates by Samuel Barge´t
How to Audition
- Choose a 1 minute monologue (you can read it, it doesn’t have to memorized)
- Record yourself performing the monologue.
- Submit your audition (or a link to your audition) to email@example.com by April 10th!
Tips for Submitting Video
- Keep it simple. We’re looking for performance, not videography
- You can email as an attachment
- You can upload to YouTube, make the video private and send the link
- You can upload to a Google Drive Folder and share the link
We really want to see everyone’s audition, so if you have any issues, please send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org
What you need to know:
***If you missed our free Playwriting for Teens Workshop, this Padlet may have some useful information for you, including how to format a script in Google Docs.
***This 10 Minute Play Competition is for is for young playwrights (13-18) up to 12th grade (no college students this time).
***A 10-minute play is about 10 pages of dialogue
***No more than 6 characters.
***Your play should have a complete beginning, middle and end.
***We will select 3 or 4 plays for a virtual production.
***The audience favorite will receive a cash prize.
***Selected playwrights can help us cast their play. If you have friends who are performers (or you are a performer yourself), let us know!
***Submit your play in PDF format to email@example.com by February 28, 2021! Send us an email if you have any questions!
“I believe that one of the most sound ideas in dramatic writing is that in order to create something universal, you must pay very great attention to the specific.”Lorraine Hansberry, Playwright